I believe that small school equals big opportunity. With an average class size of 11 and a faculty / student ratio of 1:6, students at The Rock School receive the individualized attention that fosters real learning. Students have wonderful opportunities to explore academics, athletics, the arts, and leadership in ways that are often only available to the most elite at larger schools.
Yet, as a small school, we're still producing big results. For example, each year we continue to do our part to grow the Gator Nation. With a 87% acceptance rate among our seniors applying to UF as freshmen since 2000, and more importantly, the success they are having once they get there, we are proud of the quality of programs we offer at The Rock School. I invite you to read our school profile for further evidence and I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you more about how we can help meet your child's educational goals.
- AcademicsThe Rock School is an accredited institution and offers students the opportunity to complete a standard high school diploma, qualify for Bright Futures and other scholarships, complete Advanced Placement (AP) courses, and seek admissions at any college or university desired. For graduation requirements, course listings and to see some of the places our graduates have gone check out our School Profile
- ElectivesWe believe that students possess many gifts and talents and we desire to see them developed. To that end, we offer classes in studio art, music, drama & acting, physical education, and leadership. We also have an active athletic department, allowing students to participate year-round.
- Admissions Criteria
Students will not be admitted if they have been suspended; or have a history of behavioral problems, drug or alcohol use, or criminal activity.
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- A desire to learn and obey school rules
- Good moral character
- Theology & ChapelStudents attend chapel service each Monday morning and Bible class, Tuesday through Friday. The Bible program has three parts: a survey course of the Old & New Testaments; a foundations curriculum that develops the tenets of Christianity; and a worldview program that teaches students the Biblical views of family and society and contrast them with other popular worldviews.
- Academic IncentivesStudents are recognized for Principals List & Honor Roll at the end of each term and are rewarded with a special field trip. Our annual Awards Show is held in May as a formal night to recognize academic, athletic, and character award winners. Students can be nominated to participate in various honors-related clubs and seniors have the opportunity to graduate with honors or high honors.
- Senior Privileges
Being a senior at The Rock School comes with some great perks.
- Senior Skip Days
- Long Lunch off campus
- Senior Week
- Exam Exemptions
- Graduation Dinner
- Senior Trip
School Profile the data on who we are and what we've done.
Financial Information our tuition, policies, and financial aid.
International Student Information welcoming other students from around the world.
Parents-In-Action how to get involved with our parent team.
Frequently Asked Questions you might not be the first to ask.